SAP Cloud Platform is an open platform-as-a-service (PaaS) that delivers in-memory capabilities, core platform services, and unique micro services for building and extending intelligent, mobile-enabled cloud applications. The platform is designed to accelerate digital transformation by helping you quickly, easily, and economically develop the exact application you need – without investing in on-premise infrastructure. Based on open standards, SAP Cloud Platform offers complete flexibility and control over your choice of clouds, frameworks, and applications. We have been a very early adopter of the SAP Cloud Platform delivering state of art innovations on the platform. The platform provides the following
- Data &Storage: Affordable relational database management systems for high-performance transaction-based applications.
- Hosted micro services to incorporate into apps
- Development and integration services
- Advanced services such as, ML, Internet of Things and API management
- Blockchain, create Multi- Chain nodes and connect them to a blockchain network.
- Big data storage and analytics
Extending Enterprise Application Landscape. SAP Cloud Platform allows organizations to quickly provide new digital services and apps to their customers, partners and employees that connect closely with their on-premise systems such as SAP ECC or SAP S/4HANA.
- Delivered either as HTML5 apps accessed via a browser or native mobile apps
- SAP Cloud Connector provides a bridge between on-premise and public cloud (SAP CP)
- SAP CP and SAP Cloud Connector combined allows easy access to SAP ECC functions from a web facing application
- SAP CP means no infrastructure set-up or management
Extending Enterprise cloud SAP Cloud Platform provides the capability for clients to add additional functionality to existing Cloud services. For example, if a company is using SuccessFactors for skills management, SAP CP would allow them to extend that so that their field staff can maintain their skills on or off-site on mobile devices.
- SAP CP combines cost-effectiveness and rapid delivery provided by SaaS with the flexibility traditionally only associated with on-premise
- SAP provide out of the box integration hooks between SAP CP and SuccessFactors, S/4HANA, Ariba and SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP CP services such as portal, mobile and gamification can be used
- SAP CP allows single sign-on (SSO) integration with Cloud solutions
Integration SAP Cloud Platform allows organizations to integrate systems across their estate facilitating ‘connection’ between on-premise, Cloud and business partner systems. SAP CP also supports data exchange between SAP and non-SAP systems and provides functionality to gather and manage data from intelligent devices and sensors.
- SAP offer standard integration packages to many solutions e.g. SAP Cloud for Customer and SAP Hybris marketing
- Graphical interface for developing bespoke integration
- API management to provide web APIs to customers and partners
- Integrate and manage Internet of Things devices